IntroductieUnique opportunity: switch from working on legal content to working with legal content. Take on the lead of a multidisciplinary team of professionals at a growing and ambitious international organization operating in the top of the market.
OrganisatieOur client is based in Amsterdam (the Netherlands), Geneva (Switzerland), Cologne (Germany), Singapore and Dubai and is an internationally renowned litigation funder with an ambitious growth strategy. The company combines private equity with legal expertise, strategic thinking and perseverance.
In the Collective Redress practice our client brings together end-consumers, companies and (semi) governmental institutions that have been affected by a cartel or other damaging behaviour to claim on behalf of that group. To strengthen this team, we are looking for an entrepreneurial candidate to take on the lead for the Collective Redress business line, to be based in the Amsterdam office.
FunctieIn this position, you will be responsible for the Collective Redress business line, from identifying and setting up new investment projects (group claims) to building a client group and managing the investments in existing projects (managing internal and external lawyers, experts, etc.) to actually recovering for your clients.
To do this successfully, you need to be an experienced project manager with a good sense for the commercial side of each project. Apart from identifying and generating new business opportunities for collective redress, you will manage the internal collective redress team as well as external lawyers and (economic) experts. This means that an understanding of law and legal proceedings is an advantage. By setting clear targets for yourself and others and constantly monitoring those targets, you ensure that projects progress as planned. You will cooperate with the LegalTech team to ensure we are at the forefront of applying technological tools in this practice. International travelling is involved.
Functie eisen• Experienced project- or investment manager with strong communication skills.
• University degree (law degree and/or MBA is an advantage).
• At least 8 years relevant work experience.
• Self-starting, organized, strong sense of responsibility and result oriented.
• Entrepreneurial and open-minded, able to spot new opportunities.
• Affinity with IT.
• Excellent command of English, in speech and in writing, is essential. Fluency in other languages, such as French or German, is highly appreciated.
• Willingness to travel internationally on a regular basis.
Aanbod• Ambitious organization, operating in the top of the market and constantly pursuing new
• Varied work, interaction with professionals in different countries.
• Open and dynamic work environment with smart, inspiring colleagues who work as a team and celebrate their successes together.
• Competitive remuneration and incentives.